Antique Trattoria

Dar Mammozzaro

Our restaurant ``dar mammozzaro`` was born from the ashes of the famous tavern in the pond area in Rome ``The golden fork`` managed wisely by the Serafini family from 1928 until 1980. In these years, economic cooking began to spread in homes with the oven and the doors in cast iron to be able to prepare meals more easily but there was no refrigerator and freezer to prevent food from deteriorating. So the shopping was done every day and especially foods like milk had to be bought back every day. This certainly required a type of cuisine more attentive to waste than ours and in many ways even more genuine considering the absence of packaged and frozen foods. The characteristic of our kitchen is very simple.